The Barnabas Pastoral Program is designed for students looking to change the world through pastoral ministry. Our Accelerated Undergraduate Degree to Master of Divinity Pathway was developed for students who want to make an impact outside of pastoral roles. Both of these programs allow you to complete seminary level courses while completing your bachelor's degree and are outlined in more detail below.
The Barnabas Pastoral Program is designed for young students who are preparing for vocational ministry within the context of a local church. The program exists to meet the needs of the vibrant local churches in Phoenix, the southwest United States and beyond.
Like the Accelerated Undergraduate to Master of Divinity Pathway, the Barnabas Pastoral Program allows students to complete their bachelor’s degree and Master of Divinity in as little as five years. Being a part of the Barnabas Pastoral Program also offers:
- Fifth-year full tuition scholarship for all participants*
- Training, mentorship and support from a pastoral community during and after degree completion
- Real-world pastoral preparation activities including co-curricular events and experiences, surveys, assessments, interviews and career preparation experiences
If you have prayed about how to become a pastor and have felt a sense that God has begun to call you toward ministry in a local church, apply for the Barnabas Pastoral Program today. For more information, fill out the form on this page and an admissions counselor will contact you.
*The Barnabas Pastoral Scholarship will be used to cover your GCU tuition expenses in your fifth year of enrollment. This scholarship has no cash value and cannot be used for room and board.
If you are looking to step into ministry outside of a pastoral role, the Accelerated Undergraduate Degree to Master of Divinity pathway is for you. You can complete classes from the Master of Divinity degree while finishing your bachelor’s degree.
Features of this program include:
- Year-round program
- Complete two degrees in as little as five years
- Exciting ministry internships, formative labs and requirements for supervised ministry
- Learn the skills of a life leader with little to no previous experience
Qualifying undergraduate programs for the accelerated path include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Biblical Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Global Ministry
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Worship Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Youth Ministry
For more information about the program, fill out the form on this page and a counselor will contact you for guidance.
Read below some of the questions you may have about this unique pastoral program.
Pastors and church leaders: Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
Interested in learning more about Barnabas? Contact our college’s representative today!**
At GCU, the admissions process is simple and straightforward; guided by an admissions counselor who provides step-by-step personalized support. A GCU admissions counselor ensures that your application and registration process is seamless and helps you make informed decisions in your best interest. Furthermore, your counselor will connect you with student support resources to help with the first-year experience, campus living, academics and more.
GCU values transparency and trains our counselors to offer financial details and benefits, while directly answering questions about how you can pay for college and incur minimal debt. You and your family can trust that financial plans will be tailored to your unique financial situation and needs.
Let's get started! Follow these four easy steps:
- Apply for free at gcu.edu/applynow.
- Set up your student portal, submit your transcripts and monitor your progress toward acceptance.
- Once transcripts are evaluated, choose one of our all-expenses-paid* campus visitation programs, to learn more about Lope life.
- Register early to lock in your scholarships, class schedule and housing preferences.
*Restrictions for travel reimbursement may apply.
**By submitting this RSVP form, you give Grand Canyon University your consent to use automated technology to call, text and email you at the information above, including your mobile number, if provided, regarding educational services. Please note, you are not required to provide this consent to receive educational services. If you do not wish to provide your consent, please call 602-639-6678 to register for this event.