GCU CityServe is a compassionate Christian outreach ministry of Grand Canyon University that mobilizes resources and collaborative partnerships to provide life-transformational solutions to individuals and families in need.
- Meet Needs
Empower ministry partners through the provision of gift in kind (GIK) resources, training and equipping in the CityServe model for community outreach.
- Build Relationships
Mobilize the community by building an interconnected network of action-oriented providers engaged in ministry to individuals and families in need.
- Transform Lives
Make a lasting impact on lives and communities by sharing the love of Christ, meeting needs and providing pathways to sustainability.
GCU CityServe works with national retailers and suppliers to distribute products — primarily household goods— through local churches and faith-based organizations.
As the network affiliate for the state of Arizona, GCU CityServe will lead the development of a Christian-provider network into a unified focus for individual and community transformation across Arizona.
From the beginning of time, our world has experienced suffering. The light of hope in a broken world is God’s church. We empower the local church to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and offer solutions for brokenness through 10 initiatives found throughout the Bible.
GCU CityServe HUB
5115 N. 27th Ave., Building 66
Phoenix, AZ 85017
Directions to the HUB:
From the intersection of I-17 and Camelback Road, proceed west on Camelback, turn north onto 27th Avenue and immediately turn right in the GCU 27th Avenue entrance. Stop at the security gate, then continue to Building 66. Enter through the main doors on the west side of the building and you will be directed to the southeast corner of Building 66.
Our HUB facilitates the growth and training of the POD network to serve the community in its geographic region.
Points of Distribution (PODs) are local churches or nonprofit Christian organizations that support the mission, vision and values of CityServe. PODs receive the products from their assigned HUB and equip their Heroes to meet the practical and spiritual needs of those in their neighborhood.
A Hero is an individual trained and mobilized by their POD to give the donated products and support to those in need. The gift provides opportunities for the Hero to build relationships and share the gospel of Jesus Christ in their community.
We Are Looking for Community PODs!
GCU CityServe PODs will:
- Complete the application process with the HUB, sign a CityServe Covenant Agreement and receive training in the CityServe system from the HUB and/or Affiliate.
- Maintain storage space, logistics and trained workers sufficient to receive, transport, store and distribute GIK families in need.
- Train Heroes in evangelism, outreach, the CityServe system and how to best serve the reach area.
- Utilize CityServe POD and Hero software applications for consistency in management, information flow and Affiliate reporting.
- Engage community agencies and organizations, pursue collaborative partnerships, advocate for programs and families and conduct appropriate events.
- Share in the administrative and transportation costs of the HUB.
- Ensure sustainability through donor development, grants and/or private funding. PODs are encouraged to host an annual compassion service or event to give opportunity for its supporters to participate in their CityServe initiative through giving and serving.
We are empowering the church to fulfill its purpose as a driving catalyst for community transformation.
For volunteer opportunities, email [email protected].
To provide financial support for GCU CityServe’s, visit our donation page.
For questions or more information on how you can help support the GCU CityServe initiatives, please contact Nathan Cooper at [email protected]