OnPulse with GCU is an onsite, complimentary program designed to increase employee retention and develop staff skillsets that positively impact patient experiences, quality & safe care and internal team culture. The program facilitates hands-on, customized activities, interactive discussions and learning labs for nurses, nurse leaders and auxiliary staff at no cost to our partner hospitals and health care facilities.
OnPulse experts are highly qualified, experienced professionals who possess specialized skills and knowledge to coach, mentor and inform on various educational topics. Our subject-matter experts share valuable insight, innovative ideas and critical issues relevant to health care communities.
Bring OnPulse with GCU to your facility or organization! GCU offers customized, onsite sessions taught by experts in the following topics areas:
Topics for Managers / Directors / Administrators
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Engaging and Retaining the Best Employees
- Programming for Interprofessional Collaboration
- Succession Planning: Identifying and Developing the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Career and Professional Development: Strategic Planning in a Changing Health Care Landscape
- Service Recovery: Regaining Client Trust
- Quality and Safety: Building a Culture of CQI
Topics for Nursing Staff
- Career and Professional Development: New Roles in Nursing
The landscape of health care is changing dramatically. New roles for nurses in patient care, population management, telehealth, informatics and biotechnology have emerged. Have you considered all of the options available to you as a highly skilled nurse? This session examines what the next decade holds for nurses seeking new opportunities.
- Self-Care and Mental Health
Improving care requires a knowledgeable and healthy staff. Today's health care environment is constantly changing and health care providers are facing more issues than ever before. This session examines approaches to self-care and mental health for the health care provider.
- Relationship-Building in the Age of Technology
In the digital age, we are more connected than we have ever been, but are we really connected to our patients, our colleagues and our organization? This session explores ways to invest time in building relationships to maximize employee satisfaction, motivation and performance.
- Business Acumen for the Health Care Provider
Service recovery, supply curve and productivity indicators are topics only now being discussed in nursing schools. For many of us, these business principles are a foreign language. This session focuses on translating business principles to improve patient care.
Past OnPulse Sessions
See recent topics our experts have discussed with other organizations and facilities.
- Metropolitan Methodist (San Antonio): Managing a Diverse Workforce: Diversity and Inclusion
- Montevista (LasVegas): The Joy of Why: Caring for Others by Caring for Yourself
- Tucson Medical Center (Tucson): Care of Psychiatric Patients with a Medical Condition in an Acute Care Setting
- Bayless Integrated Health (Phoenix): Strategies to Enhance Employee Engagement
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (Jamestown, PA): Conflict Management
- CV ACHE Event (Richmond, VA): Healthcare Executive Career Path Development
- Conemaugh School of Nursing (Jamestown, PA): Self-Care and Mental Health for Nursing and Healthcare Professionals
To register for an OnPulse with GCU session at your facility or organization, complete the form below. Once completed, someone from OnPulse will contact you to finalize the details. All requests must be submitted at least two months prior to the event date.